Technology can help with daily living and support independence for people living with sight loss.
Sight Loss Shropshire is offering free one-to-one learning in IT and accessibility skills especially designed for visually impaired individuals in Shropshire.
Free training to improve IT skills and use of accessible technology
This course is for visually impaired people who want to learn how to use a smartphone or tablet; how to get online to keep in touch with family and friends and how to use digital technology to assist with day to day tasks.
This will be delivered in a series of one-to-one sessions in Shrewsbury, with a roll-out to other community hubs in the future.
Here’s what you can expect to learn:
- About your smartphone or tablet – advice and guidance on suitable devices
- Built-in functions for accessibility – how to make your device accessible with speech, magnification and/or display modifications
- Useful common and specialist apps – to assist with days to day tasks
- Surfing the web and sending emails – how to browse websites, search for information, and send emails to connect with others
- Online security – how to create strong passwords and advice about keeping yourself safe online
By the end of this course, you’ll feel empowered and able to use your device(s) with confidence.
Digital skills training takes place in a relaxed atmosphere, with trainers and volunteers offering tailored support in a friendly, welcoming, and supportive space.
Participants will either need to bring their own suitable device or be prepared to acquire one during the course of the training.
Find out more and sign up by contacting us on email@example.com or call 07778 956096.
This programme is delivered in partnership with Shropshire Council.