Telford & Wrekin Council

Reviewed February 2021

Telford & Wrekin Council.  Information about Sensory Impairment services within Telford & Wrekin Council can be obtained by telephoning My Choice on 01952 459252.  The Council’s Live Well website contains information on support services for visually impaired people and links to other agencies that provide support.

The Rehabilitation Officer for Visual Impairment offers a drop-in telephone advice service.  You can speak to her by telephoning 07976 459252 between 10am and 2pm on a Wednesday.

Sensory Inclusion Service (SIS).   This is a joint service covering Shropshire Council and Telford & Wrekin Council.  Information about Education Support Services for children and young people with sensory impairment, and their families and schools, can be obtained by telephoning 01952 385269.

Telford & Wrekin Council administers a Concessionary Travel Scheme enabling people with an eligible disability, or who are state pensionable age or over, to apply for free or reduced travel.

The Blue Badge parking scheme provides an arrangement of parking concessions for people with various disabilities, who travel either as passengers or drivers.  If you are registered blind (severely sight impaired) you are automatically entitled to a Blue Badge. You can apply for a Blue Badge in person by visiting one of the Council’s First Point contact centres.

Home Library Service.  The Home Library Service is a free service offering a regular delivery of books to your door. It is available to anyone who finds it difficult through age, disability or responsibility of caring for someone else to use their local library.  The service includes large print books, audio books, music cassettes and compact discs.